We've given our month/year navigation menu a bit of an upgrade. Now, it's more than just a menu...it's a MEGAMENU! It's 2 menus in one (month and year)!
To efficiently use MegaMenu, simply mouse over the year that you want to navigate to, then click on the month you want. No more clicking on a year, then clicking on a month. 1 click does it all! Example: In the above image, I want to go to June 2010. I simply move my mouse over 2010, then click on June.
Print and Digital subscription members are getting a first look at MegaMenu, and we would love to hear your feedback!
posted by amperes on May 7, 2013
We're pairing up with aletheafitz and Photosanity at Brooklyn BabyFEST on Saturday, April 27th in sunny (and trendy) Williamsburg! We'd love if you would drop in and say "hello", maybe you could become our photo of the day ;)
We'll be giving away loads of goodies, and raffling off a free GALLERY PRINT of a photo that has been professionally edited by Photosanity!
posted by amperes on April 24, 2013
Do your walls look a bit sparse? Have you thought about getting a photo printed, but just haven't gotten around to it? Is there a rectangular shaped hole in your heart that only a wonderful print of your favorite photos can fill?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have a great new product for you! If you didn't answer yes to any of these questions, then we STILL have a great product for you (a product you didn't even know you needed)! We are proud to introduce ShutterCal Gallery Prints, for that blank spot of wall in your life.
These high quality prints are available in 3 different sizes, and can easily be hung on the wall, or set to lean on the mantle. We can print any of your ShutterCal photos, or you can upload an image straight from your computer. Get your fave picture printed today!
posted by amperes on April 18, 2013
ShutterCal has been undergoing some exciting and momentous changes lately, as you may or may not have heard about via our Facebook page. One of these changes that we are proud to unveil is our latest site redesign! Don’t worry, ShutterCal is still the same site that you love, we just put a shiny new skin on everything. To get the full affect of the new redesign, please refresh your web browser, or clear out the cache to ensure that there are no trace artifacts of our old design in your system.
We know there are a few tweaks to work out,and we are working on fixing them asap. As always, please let us know if you encounter any bugs or glitches by leaving us a comment here, or emailing us at Feedback[at]ShutterCal.com
posted by amperes on March 7, 2013
We're very excited to announce our new 2013 online class schedule! Becky and Jesse are both back with exciting new classes, and a three-month schedule that's sure to keep you motivated in the new year.
Practice makes perfect, and what better way for you to keep motivated than to sign up for one of ShutterCal’s one of a kind online classes. Each class features a dedicated teacher with one-on-one feedback where you can learn at your own pace. It’s time to take your camera off auto mode –
sign up for a class today!
posted by DefaultArtist on December 10, 2012
- Are you constantly missing the moment when you try to photograph your kids?
- Do you have a fancy DSLR that you still shoot in AUTO mode?
- Are you sick of having your photos completely disorganized across several computers?
- Do you want to display your photos in your home but have no idea where to start?
If you're a parent with young kids and you've been keeping up with your Shuttercal photo-a-day project, you're already way ahead of the game.
- You've experienced the joy and satisfaction that comes with choosing one moment each day in your child's life that you want to capture, share and remember.
- You've discovered how many more moments there are each day with your kids that are worth remembering.
- And the daily practice of taking photos means that you're taking more photos than ever before, and seeing improvement!
However, if you're feeling stuck in a rut with your daily photos, or have let your project lapse, here are a few tips to get you re-inspired and motivated:
- Shoot from your emotions and capture what you most want to remember about each day.
- Go for emotionally good vs. technically good photos for your photo-a-day project.
- Capture natural interactions and moments where your kids are engrossed in doing something they love, rather than trying to get them to pose for the camera.
- It's ok if your iphone is the camera you use the most - use apps such as Snapseed and Camera+ to give your photos a little extra pop before you post them.
- Take a look at your Shuttercal calendar for the past three months - are you always taking the same kind of photo, or are you capturing all the different activities, environments and moments that make up your children's lives right now? What is missing? See if you can fill in the blanks!
- If you've fallen behind in your project, don't try and catch up. Start with now and upload your photo for today. Once you've taken care of today, you can go back and fill in the blanks when you can. If you can't, don't beat yourself up about it. Each day is a new day with a new chance to stay up to date!
Here's the most important thing about your photo-a-day project:
Is it allowing you to more fully experience the precious fleeting moments of your children's lives?
- Looking for those moments daily in order to capture them can heighten your senses and emotions and thus your experience of them.
- Reflecting on the day as you review and select your daily photo helps to cement those memories.
- Sharing your photo-a-day project with your kids, either today or when they are older, will boost their confidence and bring them closer to you.
And finally, sharing your photo-a-day project with friends, or, better yet, committing to keep your project up with a group of like minded participants by signing up for The Photosanity Workshop or one of Shuttercal's classes, will really keep you motivated. Apparently, Shuttercal users who have taken The Photosanity Workshop are 60% more likely to keep up their photo-a-day project!
For more inspiration on how you can transform the way you photograph your kids AND take way better photos, check out Quickstart your Photosanity, a FREE live online workshop for parents taking place on Tuesday, September 18th at 9pm EDT. You will get valuable tips and strategies that you can apply right away to transform the way you take photos!
posted by DefaultArtist on September 16, 2012
Lessons are up & students are learning. Today's the last chance to jump into class this September. Check out the class list.
Thank you teachers & students for making S'Cal classrooms a successful & supportive part of the community. The skills learned will benefit everyone.
posted by DefaultArtist on September 4, 2012
ShutterCal is a calendar based daily photo journal. Thousands gather within this community to document their lives with one daily photo.
Most interestingly, ShutterCal’s unique print service delivers both photograph and journaling to your door, making the collection of real memories, as you make them, part of your adventure.